Tuesday, April 8, 2014

On being more brave.

This week didn't start out so well. I woke up on Sunday morning with a throbbing sensation in my mouth and some swelling. After I realized it was on a tooth that the dentist had worked on last year I knew I was in trouble. After several panicky moments to myself, I finally gave the dentist an emergency call and got a round of antibiotics and a rush appointment for Monday morning.

Guys, dental problems scare the crap out of me. In the past I've delayed and delayed appointments out of fear, but I at least know better now. I scheduled myself for a same day root canal and am hopefully on the road to recovery now. And should you ever find yourself in the same situation guys, let me just say that swelling means it's serious! Go see a dentist, ASAP. Worse things could happen.

So my bank account is hurting a little, but at least I have my health. When things like this happen, I always seek reassurance in friends, family, and my boyfriend. Being in a long distance relationship has forced me to be a little more brave and learn how to calm myself down. I can hardly believe it's been nearly 7 months now, but I think I've come a long way from where I was before he moved away. I look back on photos I've taken the last year and it feels as if that time is so far in the past now. How quickly things change! I like to think I'm more independent now, and not so reliant upon others for my happiness. And that's how it should be right?

The takeaway here? That nagging task you've been delaying for weeks on end? That bill you haven't gotten around to paying? That *ahem* ache in your tooth that you've tried to ignore for a week? Get  shit done. Don't procrastinate. Be more brave. You'll be so much more sane in the long run and it will instantly give you a boost of sheer, unadulterated happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment