Friday, May 29, 2015

Weekend in Seattle






With a woeful delay, I've decided to finally update my blog/travelogue. I traveled to Seattle recently for a short stay with A. This was my second time in Seattle, and I still maintain that this is a city for those who like to eat. I am still vehemently pro-Portland when it comes down to which city is a better vacation destination.

We stayed in the Warwick Hotel in lieu of airbnb this time. An excellent decision give the hotels central location and close proximity to the delicious Palace Kitchen, Top Pot Donuts and more. Not to mention, Pike Place is a quick 15 minute walk away.

We hit up some of the usual suspects during this visit: Pike Place Market, Olympic Sculpture Park, The Space Needle, and more. This time I visited the Ballard Neighborhood, which to my delight, was chock-full of fabulous little shops full of housewares, jewelry, and more. We spent an entire afternoon there where I discovered Prism--a boutique that boasted of tons of hipster-ware. Think macrame wall hangings, geometric-inspired jewelry, overpriced pieces of pottery and so on. I laughed a little at how it all was a little much but quickly reigned myself in when I found a wonderful necklace by Baleen in stock.

We moved on to the Ballard Locks where you can see the salmon swimming upstream in the summer and concluded the afternoon at The Walrus and the Carpenter. Best oysters I've had in a long time. Arrive early.

While I'd like to return someday to Seattle, I don't think I will deliberately plan a vacation for a long time now. Perhaps Portland in the Fall again...There's nothing quite like sitting on the PSU campus people watching, farmer's market in the background, and watching the gold, brown, and yellow leaves flutter about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment