Thursday, October 8, 2015

Autumn in Portland


Everyone who knows anything about me knows that I am completely obsessed about moving to Portland. Ever since my first visit three years ago, I've slowly built a fantasy in my head of a completely romanticized Portland--where it is autumn all year round. Crisp air, shorter days, seasonality that we just don't get in California where it seems to be summer all year round.

I was hoping I'd become disillusioned by my third visit, but I am even more deeply entrenched with the idea than I was before. Or perhaps with just the idea of moving somewhere new and starting over again in a new city.

In any case, we did plenty of hiking on this trip from Forest Park to Mirror Lake after the end of a scenic drive along the Columbia River Gorge. Visiting Oregon has become something of a tradition and one that I hope to keep up in the years to come. Perhaps next year we'll visit and run the Portland Half Marathon. That's certainly something to look forward to. Here's to 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment