Monday, December 28, 2015

Vienna, 2015.


This post is well overdue, but I wanted to document our time spent over Thanksgiving in Vienna, Austria. Vienna was one of the most beautiful towns that I've visited so far during my trips to Europe. I often wonder why it isn't more frequently brought up when people speak of London, Paris and other beautiful major cities.

We took a short two hour train ride to Vienna from Budapest and quickly checked into our Airbnb. We were fortunate to have fallen into the design neighborhood Neubaugasse, bordering the museum quarters in town.

Everywhere we went we were surrounded by beautiful facades and well designed alleyways. I have always loved the festiveness of winter time--Vienna is the place to be if you do too. Everything was so beautifully decorated for Christmas. I was smitten by how charming it all was naturally. In the course of 3 days, we were able to visit pretty much all the Christmas markets and get a taste of how it would be like to live as a local in Vienna. I hope to go back someday to visit Halstatt!

No comments:

Post a Comment