Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy Weekend!


I went to Yoshi's last night to see Jon McLaughlin perform solo. He is incredible live. Just him and the piano. He's quite funny when he's just on his own without his band. I think it's pretty critical for a musician to be able to carry on good conversation in between songs at a show. I remember seeing The 1975 live and being so put-off by their performances because they just stormed through their set as if they had a plane to catch. Anyways. Back to Jon. We stuck around afterwards to meet him and get some stuff signed. It was so awkward. I am never doing this again with a musician or celebrity of any kind. I felt bad for the guy. He looked exhausted.

As of right now, I'm working out of Caffè Strada near campus. It feels so nostalgic to do this.  I really missed this kind of work environment. I don't know why I haven't done this more often. It's much better than working out of my apartment. I decided to spend some time today to do some trip planning, so I'll end this blog now with some of my favorite links around the web this week.

One More Thing by BJ Novak
I started reading One More Thing on my kindle. You can tell that it's written by someone who's accustomed to comedy writing. This book trailer is hilarious.

Stefan Sagmeister on How To Beat Your Cellphone Addiction
A great FastCoDesign article. I love Sagmeister's proposal for designating one portion of a live concert for photography, and banning cell phones for the rest of the show.

Adorable Penguin Chases Zookeeper
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment