Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Graced with Light

Sometimes the city really does outdo itself. Like this past Sunday, which was amazing after a gloomy day of rain. Day two of my brother's visit was spent brunching in Nob Hill and exploring the rest of the city until the evening. We ventured over to the Grace Cathedral afterwards to see the ongoing art installation "Graced By Light."

I still can't believe it took me this long to see it in person. Containing about 20 miles of ribbon, the installation mirrors the colors of the stained glass windows inside the cathedral. It is really gorgeous and a must-see because I think the installation is going to be taken down this month!


Beautiful isn't it? I wish I could make it out in time to catch the 6 PM yoga classes that they hold under the installation.
I'm as jaded as San Franciscans get, so I really appreciated the chance to see things I ordinarily wouldn't have bothered with had I no guests in town. Hurry up and go visit the cathedral before the installation is taken down and make a day of it! Go to Top of the Mark afterwards for a fantastic view of the city, or go to the Tonga Room around the corner. Classic San Francisco, that neighborhood.

1100 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
b/t Taylor St & Jones St in Nob Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment