Friday, July 11, 2014

Manhattan Beach.


I've always liked the idea of setting rituals and traditions. When you're working at a desk job, time tends to slip right out of your hands. It's becoming harder for me to remember the way I've felt during certain events in my life in the past, so I think establishing certain rituals really adds meaning to my life. Life goes on, indifferent to your troubles or moments of joy. Rituals act as a form of punctuation.

So naturally when I got the chance to go home for July 4th weekend I specifically asked to visit Manhattan Beach. It's become something of my own summer ritual with my brother. We had a sangria-filled lunch at Simmzy's and wandered along the pier afterwards. The perfect way to kick off the long weekend if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment